Wednesday, August 5, 2009

myGIFT and myCURSE

Life's lessons developed my tough exterior. Been abandoned by dad at 1yo. Been abandoned by mom at 11yrs old. Nyia's dad abandoned and left me to play both roles. Whats a girl to do? Wipe those tears and keep it moving, right?

Main topic: What about me?

Not looking for sympathy at all...im already a quarter century old.
But now i have a host of family and friends that show me a special kinda support. a kind of support that isnt support at all.

For so many people, i have to be their foundation, or be a root to their tree.i stay out of the limelight and do my job as a friend. i support the leaves and branches. hold the weight of the water for their growth.

They know who to call when they have problems: "Kia, can i borrow something?" "Kia, can u listen to my lenthly story on how i lost my job" "Kia, can u watch my kids while i go to the ER bc RAY RAY whipped my ass again?" "Kia, can i crash at your place for a couple days or YEARS?"

But who do i call when i have problems? who listens to me?
when my issues come, i hear "Dang Kia, u gonna b aight, u so strong!" "Wow Kia, everythings gonna be ok. U been thru so much worse." "OMG Girl! thats a mess, but anyway, lemme tell u what happened to me yesterday..."

Seriously......


.....people think bc im strong, they dont think i need a shoulder to cry on.
Or someone to make me laugh.
Or lend a helping hand.
Or just LISTEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment